Thursday, December 24, 2009

merry merry!


I've been quite remiss in blogging lately, but I chalk it up to the busyness of the season, and my efforts to spend more time with my family when I'm home instead of in front of the computer.

We drove to New York City yesterday to get our fill of Christmas cheer; we went to Bryant Park & watched the ice-skaters, visited a few exhibitions at the New York Public Library, sat in St. Patrick's Cathedral and admired the beautiful creche, and had delicious coffee and hot chocolate on the 8th floor of Saks. We finished up the day with dinner at The Spotted Pig, and after walking through the West Village from the subway to get there, I've decided to save all my money and one day, move there. What a great little neighborhood.
There's also nothing better than wandering down a street, the scent of something amazing in the air-- and find yourself standing at Magnolia Bakery.

It was a great day, just one of many we've been having since Meg finished up school and Niamh came home from Villanova. My presents are wrapped (in brown paper with pretty ribbons), my flannel plaid nightshirt is laid out, and tonight we'll go to Christmas Eve mass and then to celebrate with some family friends. Tomorrow brings a full Irish breakfast, presents being opened, and cooking and eating the rest of the day away, finishing up with a movie all together.

I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Sinead, same to you! Glad you enjoyed yourselves in my near and dear hometown. I've always said that the best parts of NYC are the East & West Villages, aside from Brooklyn of course. (Not that I'm biased or anything... oh wait, I am.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. merry merry lady!

    eff, I miss the west village....

    ReplyDelete